Option #1: Per Jay Mcmaken, our former National VA Business Dev Mgr, the ETS (Expiration Term of Service) on the LES states the date of the veteran's discharge, so a VVOE for an active duty military should not be required. Request condition waiver by UW if the info is located on the LES (Leave and Earnings Statement).
What is the easiest way to complete the VVOE for active military borrowers?
- Access the Department of Defense Website: https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/
- Follow the prompts to create an account as applicable
- Click on the tab for Single Record Request
- Complete all fields with a red asterisk
- Click the box for I’m not a robot
- Click the submit tab at the bottom of the form
- Review VVOE printout to confirm borrower is still active duty
***See snips below for sample active military VVOE printout from DOD website***
***Department of Defense Website: https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/